Dear Ina (may I call you Ina?),
I know you have a new cookbook coming out on October 30. I can’t wait to see it. I don’t know what will be inside, but here is a list of what I hope to find. If you don’t take these ideas, that’s OK. I will. But I thought I’d give you a fair shot anyway.
- A section about how to make the most of a CSA box. Talk to us about substituting kale, chard, etc. for other vegetables in your recipes, and include some new ones.
- What should we have in a well-stocked bar?
- How to make a really good Cuban sandwich
- Recipes for: pad thai, pasta carbonara, peach cobbler
- Instructions for a food truck themed party, and/or a bratwurst/hot dog/polish sausage party with all the condiments and fixings
- Relating to the CSA and the renewed interest in local eating, canning, preserving, freezing, etc. – how about a section about how to make the most of seasonal fruit and vegetables?
- Maybe an updated recipe for chicken stock that doesn’t use an entire chicken, but does use some of the leavings from fresh produce (chard stalks, onion skins, etc.).
- Menus that incorporate recipes from all of your books.
- How to tie a scarf in such a way that doesn’t invite people to ask you if you’re cold.
That’s all for now, I suppose. Until you take on the cause, I’ll be making ugly peach cobbler like this:
With undying affection,